Friday, July 18, 2008

Knitting Group Love


So last night I was feeling a bit lonely and trying to motivate to do something other than stay at home and mope. So I packed up the knitting bag and drove to Ventura to go to the Anacapa Fine Yarns knitting group that meets on Thursday nights. Its always been a little awkward for me to make girlfriends, I think partly because I was so close with my dad growing up and the other part was because I had some prior bad experiences. So I took a breath and just walked in and sat down. Let me tell you these women are hilarious!! I laughed so much and everyone was so nice and welcoming. It was nice to be around other women that share the same passion for the craft as I do. I told them that I had sort of been made fun of for my knitting and you know give the old, are you a grandma comment. These ladies were disgusted for me, which just justified how I felt when I get "put down" about it. Overall it was a great night, I stayed until the shop closed at 9 and am looking forward to going back next week :) Thank you everyone that was there last night, those I talked to and asked me questions especially!! It has been hard making friends in a town where you don't really know anyone and for the first time in a long time I felt comfortable and welcome. Just re-affirmed my thought that knitting rocks! So what if I am a knitting nerd??

No comments: