Friday, March 7, 2008

Tubular Cast on...

So since most days I end up freezing my hands off at the office I have decided that I want to attempt the infamous Eunny Jang endpaper mitts. I first tried the tubular cast on Eunny recommended and I succeeded after a few tries, however when I pull the end of the cast on edge it contracts or gets bigger (sort of like a draw string bag??) so of course I thought that I must have done it wrong. Onto the knitters book of finishing techniques book..let me tell ya this method is much harder, well ok not necessarily harder but defiantely more time consuming!! After doing this cast on I reaized that its supposed to do the draw string thingy and that you can put elastic in it if you wanted to. BUT...what if I don't want to, how is the italian tubular supposed to stay put? Are you supposed to anchor it, what?? HELP!!!
Then I realized..hey I don't know how you are supposed to work two colors, what hands are supposed to hold what? I have devised a method but have NO idea if its right or not? I can knit both continental style and (English)? so I put the dominate color in my right hand and the "colorwork" color in my left hand. Hmm....

No comments: