Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Just not right being all cooped up...


Ah,

Its so nice outside..I just want to leave the computer, report writing and red staplers..Ah...vacation is in about a month. So I have been knitting away on my toe up jaywalkers but let me tell ya, the progress is slow. Knitting on size 1 needles is a feat in itself for me. So I have to switch in between the cable footies (size 8 needles) and the jaywalker socks, (which are my first pair of socks ever). Might have been done by now if I had not frogged them more times than I can count and had to go back because somehow I dropped a stitch, or got off on the pattern, but for now I think its all good. Armed with the toe-up and the regular pattern side by size progress is slow but coming right along.


I also spoiled myself and made a purchase from knitpicks...new books, a couple skeins of new yarn and a few other goodies, all for me :) I tried to get some more vesper sock yarn, but in between adding the color I wanted and trying to check out it was gone, wah! This led me to the thought that I still would love to learn how to dye up some of my own yarn and wished I lived closer to Scout http://www.scoutj.com/ . She has taught some yarn dying classes and has some awesome colors in her shop...Oh yes if money and knitting time grew on trees!!


In other thoughts, I have been wondering how to get anyone to read my blog? What the heck I visit all of these other blogs, but I never get any comments on mine? So if you happen to stop by, drop me a hi.., something...if not I am going to take the red stapler and move to the basement willingly for goodness sakes...(please tell me you have seen office space!)

No comments: