Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sometimes..

Sometimes..I just want to tell people..duh..use your common sense..and then I think to myself, do these people lack common sense?? Or maybe I should use problem solving words..like figure it out?? Okay..maybe I am being a little harsh, but then again I work in an office space enviroment and sometimes I just wonder...
So isn't this supposed to be a knitting blog, well a knitting blog that nobody reads...Maybe I should give away prizes and make people leave comments. Hmm...must find something cool in the stash..maybe that will do the trick.
So right now I am working on two pairs of socks, both toe up but I started each of them with two different methods, on one I am using Wendys www.wendyknits.net her detailed toe-up sock pattern. I am using Claudia Handpainted in Hawaii with turquoise toe, heel, cuff..coming along nicely..I just keep worrying when I need to to switch back to the turquoise for the heel. Funny that my first pair of socks will be toe up..I just figured that if I run out of yarn then I will know and be able to frog back to make the legs the same length. Or I can go out and buy a fancy smancy digital scale like I have seen some other sock knitter do before. I might just dig up that 20% off coupon and splurge..I mean how expensive can it be?
My other sock is in duet sock yarn..super pretty color tide pool. I really like the colors but the yarn seems to be wound a bit tight and curls on itself sometimes. Hopefully it will work itself out soon. I did this using the ann budd interweave knits toe up socks guidelines..its funny how pointy the toe is compared to the Wendy method of provisional cast on.
Although I think that I messed up and increased too fast or something..looks like I might be frogging it if I cant salvage it..size 0 needles is not something that I have the desire to re-knit...Next up I say worsted..big needles baby.
Maybe a hat for Denver in November...yep another trip..this time no sun, no snorkeling..snow..more snow...maybe I will snowboard..although its been awhile..

No comments: